Sort By: Featured
City of Chicago Approved Combo Exit Signs
The City of Chicago has designated specific codes regarding emergency egress signage (what products may be used, their construction and where these products must be placed).
The City of Chicago requires about any exit sign or combination unit:
- Signs must be rectangular 20 gauge sheet metal box with a glass or plastic face
- Signs must be red lettering on white
- The letters and arrows of exit signs and exit sign/emergency light combos are MANDATED to be red.
- Directional Arrows are beneath the sign lettering and are the same width as the lettering
- All Exits Signs need to be internally illuminated with a 10 watt incandescent (or equivalent LED) "electric lamp"
Light Fixture Industries, Inc. carries a full line of City of Chicago code approved emergency egress products.